When publishing to MQTT, data values are published with corresponding tag name, if configured in ACE, with some exceptions (substitutions) noted below.
With MQ-RBE, Sparkplug-B, or MQ-JSON:
- If tag name includes a space, the space will be converted to an underscore _ character instead.
- The space-to-underscore conversion also applies to the Ethernet/IP master protocol.
With MQ-RBE or Sparkplug-B (not JSON):
- If tag name includes a period . it's tag will be published with a forward slash / instead.
- If tag name includes an integer between square brackets for an array (such as  ), it's tag will be published with the integer surrounded by forward slash and underscore instead (such as /23_ ).
- In Ignition, the forward slash in a published tag name creates a level in the collapsible tag hierarchy.