In this tutorial, we will be demonstrating connectivity to the Ignition platform (www.inductiveautomation.com) using the MQTT modules available from Cirrus Link (http://www.cirrus-link.com/). Elecsys has a publicly hosted Ignition server that our customers can use for testing connections to their RediGate and RediLink devices. We will use a RediGate 120e with internet connectivity to demonstrate this connectivity, but this tutorial can be applied to any RediGate device with internet connectivity. To setup your own MQTT-enabled Ignition server to publish data to, visit https://docs.chariot.io/display/CLD/MQTT+Module+Installation.
- A RediGate 100 or 400 series device with internet connectivity
- Completion of the Getting Started Guide for your respective RediGate device (See RediGate 100 Series Getting Started Guide or RediGate 400 Series Getting Started Guide)
- Ability to ping ignition.mqtt.com from your RediGate device (see Ping Utility for information regarding how to ping devices/websites from the RediGate)
- If you are unable to ping ignition.mqtt.com, you may need to enable DNS on your device:
- Using ACE, Open the default config you used in the "Getting Started Guide"
Download and open the Elecsys-Ignition-Demo-SPB.xml from http://ftp.elecsyscorp.com/RediGate/Examples/Elecsys-Ignition-Demo-SPB.zip within the same ACE window as your getting started configuration
- Copy and paste the following objects from the Elecsys-Ignition-Demo-SPB config into the configuration you created in the "Getting Started" guide:
- Data Simulator Unit 2 (Paste under "Null Circuit")
- Data Simulator POD (Paste under "Internal Channel 15")
- SparkPlugB_RBE (Paste under "Clients")
- Report 0 - Simulated Data (Paste under "Master Channels")
- Under the "Virtual Unit 3" object, change the "Produce RBEs" value to "No"
- Change the System → Unit Name parameter to something unique to your device
- Update the "Internal Channel 15" object's scan table so that it scans the poll table in the FieldUnitInternalMast2 object we added, and also performs a "self-poll" so the RediGate knowns a poll has been completed and thus marks the simulation RTU as alive:
- Save your configuration with a different name than your default config
- Upload the configuration to your device
- Visit http://ignition.mqtt.com and launch the "Public MQTT Tags" application
- Username: demo_user
- Password: demo_user_pass
- You should be able to view the tags that correspond with your System → Unit Name
- If you have your own Ignition + Cirrus-Link Modules server you would like to publish the data to, simply edit the "SparkPlugB_RBE" object so that it has the correct server credentials:
- To setup a TLS connection using port 8883 instead of the basic 1883 port, see TLS Connection to MQTT Broker